Respondus allows the creation and management of exams that can be printed on paper or published into an WVU eCampus course. Questions can be imported from plain text files, or Microsoft Word documents if they adhere to a standard format. Textbook publishers often offer test banks to instructors who adopt one of their books for a course. Questions can be exported from Respondus into StudyMate Author or StudyMate Class Server.
WVU faculty can obtain Respondus software at no cost to their departments. Click on the link below to download Respondus. Either click Run or Save on the subsequent pop-up box. If the file is saved onto a computer, double click the downloaded file to install. Uninstall any previous versions by going into the computer’s Control Panel.
- Respondus 4.0 DOWNLOAD HERE
- Obtain the Activation Code for Respondus (Send an email to ITSHelp@mail.wvu.edu and request the Activation Code or call 304-293-4444). A new license code is needed each year in August.
To activate Respondus, enter the following information on first use of the software:
- Institution Name: West Virginia University
- Local Support Contact: ITS Service Desk
- Installation Password: enter code received
For workshop material and external resources, visit http://it.wvu.edu/services/training/rldb