Blackboard Collaborate is a comprehensive web conferencing tool used to enhance collaboration. It is available in all WVU eCampus courses as well as by request. Blackboard Collaborate can be used for virtual classrooms, office hours and meetings to provide more possibilities for effective learning experiences and interactions.
- Web Conferencing Participant's Guide
- Best Practices - Participants
- Web Conferencing Moderator's Guide
- Best Practices - Moderators
- Audio Setup Wizard Quick Reference Guide
- Getting Started with Recordings Quick Reference Guide
Saving Collaborate Recordings - Original Experience
Service & Support
Through our Collaborate license agreement, our customers receive 24/7 support from Collaborate. Visit the Knowledge Base first and then if additional help is needed, please call their toll-free number or Submit a Ticket directly at the site given below.
- Collaborate toll-free 24/7 technical support:1 (877) 382-2293
- Collaborate Support Portal: https://www.blackboard.com/support-for-blackboard-collaborate.html
If sufficient support is not received from Collaborate or there appears to be a connection problem between Collaborate and WVU eCampus then call the ITS Service Desk at 304.293.4444 or send an email to ITSHelp@mail.wvu.edu.
Use & Training Information
Collaborate is offered to all instructors at WVU, Potomac State College and WVU Institute of Technology. Collaborate can be accessed either through WVU eCampus or outside of the University’s course management system. If Collaborate is needed through eCampus, enable this functionality under “Add content link” on the Build tab (there is no longer a request for use through eCampus). These links may be added in any content area under the Tools dropdown menu. Priority is given to academic courses during peak times, please refer to the current Collaborate scheduled linked below.