Respondus 4.0 (Instructor Only)
Respondus allows the creation and management of exams that can be printed on paper or published into an WVU eCampus course. Questions can be imported from plain text files, or Microsoft Word documents if they adhere to a standard format. Textbook publishers often offer test banks to instructors who adopt one of their books for a course. Questions can be exported from Respondus into StudyMate.
WVU faculty can obtain Respondus software at no cost to their departments. Click on the link below to download Respondus. Either click Run or Save on the subsequent pop-up box. If the file is saved onto a computer, double click the downloaded file to install. Uninstall any previous versions by going into the computer’s Control Panel.
- Respondus 4.0 DOWNLOAD HERE
- Obtain the Activation Code for Respondus (Send an email to ITSHelp@mail.wvu.edu and request the Activation Code or call 304-293-4444). A new license code is needed each year in August.
To activate Respondus, enter the following information on first use of the software:
- Institution Name: West Virginia University
- Local Support Contact: ITS Service Desk
- Installation Password: enter code received
- Respondus Demonstration Videos
- Instructor Quick Start Guide [.pdf]
- Respondus News Articles
- Creating Online Tests from Publisher Test Banks using Respondus 4.0
Importing Word Files
– The import feature is a fast way to bring exam questions from Microsoft
Word into the Respondus 4.0 application. From there it takes only a few clicks
to publish the exam to your online course.
- 4-Minute training video: https://youtu.be/h8baq9bt8Rw
- Article with step-by-step instructions:
Respondus Test Bank Network – The leading textbook publishers make their
test banks available in Respondus 4.0 format. This service is available for free
to instructors who use Respondus 4.0. Simply search for the textbook being used
in the course and request access to the test bank. Once the publisher grants
access, instructors can use Respondus 4 and the test bank to easily create online
exams. Here are several resources you can share:
- Test Bank Search: http://respondus.com/tbn
- 4-Minute Training Video: https://youtu.be/WdErZCrI6UA
- Full training webinar: http://respondus.com/products/testbank/training.shtml